The Deloitte survey, with over 150 financial executives participating, was conducted in September 2009.
Highlights of the survey results include:
- 70% of respondents indicated approval for the SEC’s proposed roadmap
- 51% responded that the SEC should approve the proposed roadmap, but consider pushing back the mandatory deadline a year
- 19% responded that the SEC should approve its proposed roadmap “as is.”
- 45% of respondents selected “delay in the finalization of the SEC’s roadmap” in characterizing the reason why their companies’ IFRS assessment plans may have been delayed
- 9% of respondents identified “economic challenges or constraints” as the reason for delaying an IFRS assessment.
- 34% of survey participants indicated IFRS adoption would make the U.S. more competitive in the global marketplace
- 38% responded that IFRS adoption would not