A Top Ten list from a list of 100 of the most influential accountants in the U.S., as compiled by Accounting Today.
1. Barry Melancon, President and CEO, American Institute of CPAs
2. Mary Schapiro, Chair, Securities and Exchange Commission
3. Leslie Seidman, Chair, Financial Accounting Standards Board
4. Douglas Shulman, Commissioner, Internal Revenue Service
5. James Doty, Chair, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
6. James Kroeker, Chief accountant, Securities and Exchange Commission
7. James Metzler, Vice President of small firm interests, American Institute of CPAs
8. Hans Hoogervorst, Chair, International Accounting Standards Board
9. Mark Koziel, Vice President of firm services & global alliances, American Institute of CPAs
10. Gary Boomer, CEO, Boomer Consulting
See if you made the list of 100 by looking here.